Sunday, October 02, 2005

Yahoo Unlimited and Winamp

The Yahoo! Music experience continues to impress. I have been forever a Winamp user and until a new mp3 player comes along and absolutely sweeps me off of my feet, Winamp will remain my preferred player.

I also have always stuck with the classic version of Winamp. I guess I have never seen an advantage of upgrading to the 5.x version. Until now! With the 5.x Winamp install comes the WMA plug-in v2.13 that allows you to better interact with .wma files. Yep you guessed it, the music I download from the Yahoo! Unlimited Music can now be played along with all my other music inside of Winamp. This is even cooler considering the office jukebox we have setup and the foresight of Yahoo! to allow multiple installs of its Music Engine. VERY SWEET STUFF!

This morning Evan and I were looking at his Madagascar sticker book and he started singing the “Move it” song from the movie. In less then 2 minutes, I had my laptop with the Music Engine installed on it hooked up to our entertainment system and legally playing the song. Even Evan was impressed. Of course he then insisted on seeing the movie. I couldn’t help him with that…legally…yet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home